Pretty hands do pretty things when pretty times arrive.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

First there was Woodhenge, then Strawhenge...

Ah, today was loooong.

I was up at 8:15 for Stonehenge, which is much closer to UG than I thought. What a sight. It is actually just a bunch of stacked rocks on the side of a highway, but there's so much that's unknown about it. It could have been a total joke for all we know. Maybe the Druids started stacking rocks and then scrapped the project for budget reasons (their cheap labor formed a union--haha).

Next was a trip to the town of Bath. This town has so much personality! There were large squares with street performers in them--my favorite was the xylophone act--and plenty of small shops to eat and browse. Also, we saw the Roman baths, which were pretty neat.

To finish off the night, about 15 of us strolled down High Street to a pub called the Irish Oak and spent the night playing pool with the Brits and playing who knows how many cheesy jukebox tunes. A good, good day.


Also, I'm gonna put all of my pictures in photobucket albums, so I will be including links here and in emails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home