Pretty hands do pretty things when pretty times arrive.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

About Berkeley Castle

By far, the best day has been today.

This is for one reason only: Berkeley Castle. Granted, the tour was a little dry and boring--I'd much rather give myself a tour than be lectured on whom inherited the castle from whom. But then, I went to see the flower gardens.


I still don't think I have found accurate words to describe them. The smells, the sights, the arrangement just seemed straight out of some painting, perfectly drawn and illustrated. There was even a path to a reflecting pool filled with lily pads and purple flowers and everywhere there were perfectly shaded benches.

It's been a long time since I was breathtaken by anything to that extent. And all through it, I couldn't help but be overcome by knowing that the beauty of these gardens pales in comparison to the beauty of God and His love and majesty. It's such a refreshing contrast to the nightly news and morning headlines. Today, I know I saw my Maker in every flower, tree, and field I passed.

I don't really think I can say anything more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home