Pretty hands do pretty things when pretty times arrive.

Monday, November 06, 2006

"You say you want a revolution..."

So, the weekend turned out to be more mellow than I anticipated. I spent more time being a little sick than I thought. However, I did get to do plenty of fun things.

You all know what I did on Friday, so I'll skip that. On to Saturday. I slept in until noon (that felt so nice!)and then hung around reading House of Chains (that's the mages and wizards book, just FYI for all you History Church peeps). Then at about 6, Sarah, Naomi, Steph, Sophie, Krystal, British Sarah, and I caught a bus over to the racecourse tocatch some fireworks for Guy Fawkes night.

What a sight! The Brits know how to put on a fireworks show. And apparently they have no compunction with celebrating a day when someone tried to blow up Parliament. Not something you'd celebrate in the States so much. But fireworks are still cool, and I have the pictures to prove it.

After the 'works, we walked home in the now frigid English evening air, bought a couple of chocolate cakes from One-Stop, and finished Saturday off with a game of Scum and hot chocolate. Twas fun.

Sunday, I missed church because I felt like poo. Thank goodness for History Church podcasts tho. And RBC downloads. I passed Sunday by hanging out in my room and watching football, which proved more exciting then I thought.

I'd like to take this moment to thank three people for making my weekend enjoyable: Troy Vincent, Nick Novak, and Sean Taylor. Thanks for showing me that I should never stop watching a game with 6 seconds to go.

Oh and thanks to whichever Cowboy got the facemasking call.

More pictures on the way.

--Brandon

"Please dismantle all these phantom limbs
it's the evidence of humans as ornaments."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home