Pretty hands do pretty things when pretty times arrive.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

S.U. Party

Well, tonight was the night of the much anticipated "Fresher's Ball". This year was a Godfather theme. So, obviuosly, I didn't dress anything like a gangster. But I did wear some brown pants. I wasn't that out of place though. Many of the chaps that went apparently thought "gangster" means "cool hat plus a silver tie" and many of the ladies confused "Godfather theme" with "Sunset Strip theme". There's a difference.

Anyways, a bunch from our group of Americans went over to check things out. It was awesome. Very reminiscent of a high school/college homecoming, only with alcohol and lots of people sweating on the dance floor. The music was not as bad as I feared also. They booked a DJ from a club called Blush, and his playlist consisted of mostly dance-rock and Killers-type bands. A second room got put aside as a more lowkey area, with a guitarist playing covers of songs that for the most part were better than the actual songs (but how hard is it to be better sounding than GNR?).

Lots of fun. Good good times. I'll prolly sleep in a bit a download a sermon from good ol' History church, cause I miss those guys like I miss my family (that's a lot).

I'll put up some pics soon, and I have some good ones.

Much love,

Brandon


"For a minute there, I lost myself."

1 Comments:

Blogger Alvinbert said...

you should definitely put good lyrics at the end of all of your posts.

7:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home