Pretty hands do pretty things when pretty times arrive.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

"No, Pinky, a mouse and a dolphin can't fall in love...except in a Disney film."

So far, it's been a good weekend.

Started it off on Thursday with the finishing of my Strategic Management paper (rejoice!) and a crazy Thanksgiving party. 35 Americans in a different country making food for each other and watching American football while all the Brits ask questions. What, 7 point scores? First downs? Hailmary's that actually have nopthing to do with church? Yeah, wrap your head around that.

We got in a few good Thanksgiving jokes too. Example:

Brit: "So what's the whole meaning of Thanksgiving?"
American: "Well, basically, you guys religiously persecuted us, so we sailed across the ocean to find a new place to exercise freedom of worship."
Brit: *blink blink* Oh.


Friday was pretty cool also. Went out to Weatherspoon's with Deidra, Sarah, Sophie, Steph, and Krystal and had some great food. Apparently, an elderly man asked Krystal if I was in charge of them. That was a good laugh.

After Weatherspoon's, we came back and had exorbitant amounts of ice cream in Steph's kitchen. Also, we rented A Knight's Tale and 28 Days Later and stayed up until about 4 watching them.

Saturday was a sleeping in kind of day, since it rained a lot. Josiah's parents are over here for a few days so I hung out with them and we went to dinner at Bella Italia, where I had the most delicious Linguine Rustica with chicken and tomatoes. We also split a dessert called the Godfather, which was a chocolate brownie covered in vanilla ice cream and whipped cream and chocolate chips (I see that gleam in your eye, Mom...and Troy). After Bella Italia, Josiah and I stopped at the Hog's for a quick pint.

So far today, there has been church and a quick trip out to take photos of Cheltenham. Also, I bought a really oldschool looking collection of the poetry of John Keats, which I am really excited about.

Oh, and Messiah College are now the NCAA Division 3 Men's Soccer National Champions for the third year in a row. I think a "Boo" and a "Yah" are called for.

I can't believe how much I'll miss this place.

--Brandon

"Everyone in the van can't stand me just because I fell off the stage."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home