Pretty hands do pretty things when pretty times arrive.

Friday, March 30, 2007

out on the beaches, we wore pineapple grass bracelets.

So there's more pictures.

Pensive again. I'm a little hung up on evaluating my tangible impact for God. Do I really make every effort to be a witness and to bring glory to the name of God. Sometimes, yes. Other times, no.

Sometimes I honestly do expect myself to be the guy that is always inserting something Christian into everything I say. Like if someone mentions Jesus, I should just whip out John 14:6 and start talking about how we shouldn't forget that He is, "the Way, the Truth, and the Life." I suppose I could do that, however impractical that is.

Sometimes you can't just obligatorily insert something biblical into every sentence. But maybe all people need to see from me is for me to be the kid that isn't drinking considerable amounts of alcohol or using questionable language or talking about that hot chick in Chem lab. Maybe that's all the witness that some people will see from me.

I admit that bugs me a little. It's strange to think that I may not even see the impact of my testimony and actions. It's discouraging sometimes because I wonder continually if I am exemplifying the right things. But is it not great that we have a God who can cross the T's and dot the I's--or mind the P's and Q's--in a way greater than ours. What I mean is that God can use those things that we don't do as witnesses in themselves. Maybe even more than the things we do do.

That thought struck me tonight.

--Brandon

"I'm going under the stars..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home