Pretty hands do pretty things when pretty times arrive.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

London Calling

This was possibly one of the best weekends ever.

I managed to see pretty much all of London that there really is to see. At least in a tourist sense. We all stayed in kind of hole-in-the-wall hostel, but the eight of us got along so well, that it was wicked fun.

On Saturday, we met Amanda's friend Eric at the Tower of London to grab lunch. Everyone except Doug, Dan, and I also grabbed some tickets to tour the Tower of London and see the Crown Jewels. Having no desire to really do that, the other three of us set off on our own adventure.

This adventure consisted of walking across London Bridge while pretending it was falling (bet no one's ever done that), seeing the Globe Theatre replica, sitting on the steps of St. Paul's Cathedral, trying to find the right Tube line to take us to King's Cross, getting our pictured taken at Platform 9 and 3/4 (we dorked out a little), zooming down to Westminster, getting eyefuls of Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey, finding out that Abbey Road was not where I thought it was, and sitting on lion statues in Tralfalgar Square.

A good day.

The next day (Sunday), Doug, Amanda, Eric, and I made the pilgrimage to Abbey Road. I cannot express in words what that felt like. The entire front wall was covered in graffiti so I decidd to add my own. I wrote "Shine On You Crazy Diamond 8/10/06" because everyone had written some Beatles lyrics (my favorite was "Lucy in the Sky with Bacon"). Also someone had written a message to U2 when they were recording there, and I almost scribbled it out. An utter disgrace.

Afterwards, the four of us took man many pictures walking across the crosswalk. And yes, I am barefoot in one picture, which if you know anything about Beatles albums, you'll understand. The day was finished with some chill time in Kensington Gardens.

Oh yeah, I saw Buckingham too. I'll post pics tomorrow, I promise.

And guess what movie the bar at our hostel was playing on Saturday night: Roger Waters' performance of The Wall in Berlin. Amazing.

God is so good to bless me with these friends and sights.

--Brandon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home